Choosing the right greenhouse for your garden can be a daunting task, but with a little research and consideration, you can find the perfect one for your needs. Here are some things to consider when selecting a greenhouse:
- Size: The size of your greenhouse will depend on the amount of space you have available in your garden, as well as the plants you want to grow. Sizes are basically the width and the length. The width of the greenhouse normally is 6ft, 8ft, 10ft and 12ft. In terms of length, it can be 8ft, 10ft, 12ft up to 32ft or more. If you only have a small space, a mini greenhouse may be the best choice. However, if you have a larger garden or want to grow a variety of plants, a larger greenhouse may be necessary. We always suggest gardener to buy bigger greenhouse than planed, cause once begin to plant inside, it will be full very quickly.
Below are the links of different width of the greenhouse from Dive to Garden.
2. Material: Greenhouses can be made from a variety of materials, including wood, aluminum, and PVC. Wood is a traditional and attractive option, but can require more maintenance. Aluminum is lightweight and durable, but can be more expensive. Also it looks more elegant if the greenhouse use black framed. PVC is a more affordable option, but may not last as long as other materials.
Monticello 8x8x16 ft. Greenhouse - Best Aluminum Black Frame Greenhouse
Grand Master 8x8x8ft- Composted PVC Framed from Solexx Greenhouse
Sigma 20 10x7x20 ft- Galvanized Steel Framed From Planta Greenhouse
Wood Framed Greenhouse- EZGreenhouse™ Amish Greenhouse
Aluminum Framed Greenhouses- Best Aluminum Greenhouse
Steel Framed Greenhouses- Galvanized Steel Greenhouse
3. Glazing: The glazing is the material used to cover the greenhouse. There are several options to choose from, including glass, polycarbonate and polyethylene. Glass is the most traditional option and provides excellent insulation, but can be heavy and breakable. Polycarbonate panel is lightweight and shatterproof, but may not provide as much insulation as glass. Polyethylene is affordable and easy to install, but may not be as durable as other options.
Royal Victorian Greenhouse 10x9x15ft. VI34- Best 10ft Wide Glass Greenhouse
Jr. Victorian by Janssens: Best 8ft Wide Glass Greenhouse
Sungrow 20 Greenhouse 10x8x20ft.- Best 6mm Polycarbonate Greenhouse
RIGA 5 by Hoklatherm: Best 8mm Urban Greenhouse
4. Ventilation: Proper ventilation is essential for a healthy greenhouse environment. Look for a greenhouse with windows or vents that can be opened to allow for air circulation.
Sungrow Automatic Ventilation Window- Perfect Roof Solution for Sungrow Greenhouse
Rion Side Louver Greenhouse Window- Improves Air Circulation for Rion Greenhouses
Riga Additional Automatic Roof Window- Maximize the Natural Ventilation in your Riga Greenhouse
Mont Solar Power Ventilation System- Designed for Monticello Greenhouse but Can Fit to Other Greenhouses
5. Cost: Greenhouses can range in price from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. Consider your budget and how much you are willing to spend before making a decision.
Mont Greenhouse 8x8x12ft- The Basic but Cost-Effective Monticello Greenhouse
Junior Victorian Greenhous 8x8x10ft- Luxurious Greenhouse & Budget-Friendly from Janssens
6. Location: Consider where you will place your greenhouse in your garden. It should be located in an area that receives plenty of sunlight and is protected from strong winds.
Riga 5 10x7x18ft- A Sturdy Greenhouse made with Polycarbonate Panel
By considering these factors, you can choose the right greenhouse for your garden and enjoy fresh, healthy plants all year round.